Monday, February 1, 2010

I can't hear myself think...




Sometimes, I need a break. From everything. I mean… EVERYTHING! Yes, technology and media too. Readers, just by writing this, I can see the look on your faces. Shocked much?
It seems, like I can’t do anything without everyone knowing about it. You know how people say “Wow! It’s a small world, I didn’t know you knew him too!” Well good morning Kuwait! We live in a tiny country, everyone knows each other; what they own, what they don’t, who they like, and who they don’t and what they did and what they didn’t. I go to sleep, and when I wake up in the morning I get a million BBMs (oh the next best thing ever:)) asking me what I’m doing and telling me what they’re doing (I think if I cared, I’d ask). Then, I receive a thousand emails informing me about the latest gadgets and the hottest restaurants; when we all know that in a few weeks something new will come along and it’s just going to be “so 10 minutes ago”.
Life has really become overwhelming. It’s like I can’t do anything without everyone being up in my business. Whatever happened to the days where it was just SMS, E-mails and phone calls? Even back then, they weren’t as frequent and maddening as now.
Though newspapers are becoming less common to people around the world, I believe that even worse means of communication are being born. For example, Facebook. A simple website used daily by people around the world to communicate with friends and family. I understand that some people enjoy it, I used to enjoy it myself (until I got bored…). Facebook has been a great influence on everyone, especially the younger generation of users. Some parents feel the need to spy on their kids’ usage of Facebook, Myspace, E-mail, IM, and Chat logs even cellular calls.

I found this website today that offered parents software to spy on their kids. http://www.software4parents.com/



Parents wouldn't feel the need to go through all this fuss if they knew that the media was not going to affect them negativly. Just think, if media was giving us "good" ideas, would anyone come up with these websites?

5 comments:

  1. Ee walla 9a7 lsanich, people these days are completely corrupted in the head..
    keep it up:*

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS SO TRUE.
    Seriously almost everything I've been thinking about for the past few days are written in this post. Your really good in writing.
    Waiting for the next post! ;*
    -R

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) i hope this blog comes to your benefit then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. R, see? great minds think alike ;).
    inshalah youll be hearing soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job babe! You're a great writer! :)
    - Rahaf

    ReplyDelete